AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shout-out to the Clear Lake IA PD!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

WItitan2
Posted 2/16/2019 07:52 (#7323808)
Subject: Shout-out to the Clear Lake IA PD!

Pierce county WI
So Thursday late afternoon I loaded down by the Missouri border in IA. The load was going to one of the western suburbs of Minneapolis for Monday morning. I was coming up through Osceola IA and I saw fuel was $2.64. I was under half a tank. I had cenex winter master in, so I figured one bottle of Howe's for the fuel I was adding would be ok. Anyway, I got up to Clear Lake and decided to shut it down for the night. It was blowing almost blizzard conditions and I figured the Petro in Albert Lea MN would be probably full. Before I went to bed I put the winter front on, cause the wind was blowing out of the northwest and the temp was dropping. So in the morning I do my pretrip and take off. The truck ran 900 rpms all night and took off fine. I made it to the ramp and it died. I switched the fuel filters and put some put some power service in the secondary. Primary is a racor frame mounted water separator. The secondary wasn't very full, so it probably wasn't that bad. The racor looked slimy. The truck didn't want to go. So just then a police explorer pulls up. I'm thinking he's going to scold me for not having triangles up and actually I turned the lights off (it was very light out, and I'm off the shoulder of the ramp) I wanted to conserve as much battery as possible if it took a few attempts to start it. Instead he asked if I needed anything or needed to warm up. He didn't order me to call a service guy or call a wrecker to get me. He gave me a ride to the kwik star and I grabbed a couple bottles of 911 and I dumped one in each tank and filled the racor and the secondary and it fired right up. It was nice he was helpful, and not being standoffish. It was nice. Typically in Iowa in cold weather I'd buy kwik star premium or Kum and go winter fuel. Maybe Casey's $2.64 fuel wasn't that cheap.......... I also think the guy at allstate Peterbilt gave me the lower micron rating element for the racor. A 2 vs the 30 I had before (I just changed it before I left). I bought a couple more 30s yesterday.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)