AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking to get a side job.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

nebfarmer
Posted 2/16/2019 01:52 (#7323609 - in reply to #7323501)
Subject: RE: Looking to get a side job.

SE Nebraska, Near Misery and Cans Ass!
nc1112 - 2/15/2019 21:55

Here in Nebraska there are plenty of cedars to be cut. That being said it's a pretty tough market. There are established guys who have gotten pretty competitively priced. 5 years or so ago there were a lot of people who thought they'd get rich quick and are still trying to pay that debt off.

I'm one of them. The Mulchers take a heck of a machine. Auxiliary cooling or else just run them in the cold of winter. Very dirty, takes lots of air filters and your machines always packed full of dirt and crap. Do you have to enjoy working on stuff. Rocks and steel post and wire, did I mention the wire? Electric wire gauge wire, page wire oh and twine and net wrap, you can't believe the places guys put net wrap in ditches and fence rows and you don't see it until you grab it and oh my. The last time we ran hours I found a pile of net wrap along the field edge and it was 6 hours getting it unwound from the machine. It had enough old fence wiring with the rap to make about any cutting tool you wanted to use useless.

Edited by nebfarmer 2/16/2019 01:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)