AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

06 2500 duramax
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GM Guy
Posted 2/16/2019 15:08 (#7324731 - in reply to #7322811)
Subject: RE: 06 2500 duramax

NW KS/ SC ID
As long as its an 06, it has the engine with updates and the bigger cooling package and better intake system and various other updates. It can be had with a LLY computer tune, or the LBZ tune, but mechanically all 06s are identical. LBZ is the much hotter tune. If its a ZF6, it will be LLY only.

Tons of differences between a 05 LLY and a 06 LLY. Option code does not tell the whole story.

So, long story short, its an 06, so its the good one. Buy it if its priced right.

Transfer case pump rub, transmission oil cooler lines are two main issues for that era (unless you are like me and rock a ZF6 2wd... :) )

make sure and change the allison spin on filter. cheapest and best filters will be found from a Allison shop. around 10 bucks there versus 30-40 from GM for an identical genuine OEM filter.

Dmaxstore.com for the engine air and fuel filters. Same as filters from GM, but from the filter's OEM, so much cheaper. (Donaldson air and Racor fuel IIRC)

Not a bad idea at all to run a lift pump. I run a Kennedy, but I think I wish I had a FASS. Kennedy mounting bracket definitely not made for the cab and chassis, probably just good for the pickups.

Right now I am having a driveability issue where it acts like its sucking air, but I think its a variable geometry turbo issue, or possibly a Dual Mass Flywheel issue (manual only of course) that the computer is behaving strangely because of (new filter housing and lift pump didnt cure anything, cleaning MAF helped the most), regardless, I think I am going to park it for now till it warms up to work on it, and run a 6.5L for a while. ;) Newer diesels are moneypits compared to the older ones. The large increase in power is very nice, but not necessary.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)