AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I would like to put water meters on several irrigation wells, or what's the best way to measure gpm?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

swne
Posted 2/15/2019 15:52 (#7322912 - in reply to #7322773)
Subject: RE: I would like to put water meters on several irrigation wells, or what's the best way to measure

Cambridge, southwestern Nebraska
Todd,

We have been required to have water meters for nearly 20 years. When they required them the Natural Resource Districts cost shared 50% on them.
If I recall they are all McCrometer meters. They have a little propeller in the pipe to measure water flow. Pretty trouble free but they do need maintenance once in awhile.
There are some infrared meters and ultrasonic meters. I don't know much about them or their accuracy.
Our meters needed something like 8' between the well and meter and another 2' after the meter to reduce turbulence. They can install straightening vanes indie the pipe to shorten that distance if need be.
I have see the ultrasonic ones used by the NRD. Not sure if it was accurate or not but if you got one of them it would be easy to go from well to well without any installation.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)