AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rebuilding a 750 drill
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Teeshirtfarmer
Posted 2/15/2019 19:26 (#7323224 - in reply to #7322412)
Subject: RE: Rebuilding a 750 drill

Semo
Super77 - 2/15/2019 10:06

I'm rebuilding my 750 drill and was wondering if I could bolt my seed boots onto the top or bottom hole which are not worn egg shaped like the center hole is. Drilling those out and rebushing them looks like a project. I will mostly use the drill for wheat and waterway seeding, maybe a field of beans. It looks like I could just compensate for the different position by adjusting the depth but would like some real world advice. Thanks

The center hole is the sweet spot with new blades .I put the bushings in from Bob at greendrills.com .... Rented the jig to drill the holes out from him. I was worried about drilling them out and was not as bad as I thought it would be . Bought the cheapest 1/2 drill I could find to use be cause of close quarters under the drill and if you have ever hung a 1/2 " drill and could not let it go .....you get the idea. Helps to have a gopher to hand tools or what ever to you to keep from having to crawl out from under the drill. Also ask Bob about spot welding bushings to keep them from turning ....they are easy to melt till you get welder set.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)