AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

War on glyphosate
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

southlafarmer
Posted 2/15/2019 16:14 (#7322943 - in reply to #7322894)
Subject: RE: War on glyphosate

ohiohorsewoman - 2/15/2019 15:41

southlafarmer - 2/15/2019 12:05

ohiohorsewoman - 2/15/2019 09:48

RE: glyphosphate.

Probably 15 years or so ago I bought some hay from an older farmer. I wasn't particular about buying hay with a preservative on it. He said he didn't use it, and wouldn't use some of the pesticides/herbicides in his farming. Said there'd been several neighboring farmers who'd died or had been diagnosed with cancer who were constantly using products like glyphosphate.

I subsequently had someone prepare a heavily weeded hayfield (leftover by a dairy farmer who'd rented the ground previously) and who applied Roundup. It was that application that literally burned all the vegetation off the field. I gotta say that burn-off was remarkable. The question that "I" think everyone should consider is whether or not a product that can obliterate vegetative life could potentially affect cellular function in humans (or animals for that matter) that results in cancer.

Despite Monsanto's claims of product safety, I considered it somewhat suspicious as to what their scientists really thought given the sale of Monsanto to Bayer just before the court determined glyphosphate caused cancer. It isn't like there wasn't a powerful profit motive.

is this a joke?

Glyphosate has been declared safe by hundreds of studies not connected to Bayer or Monsanto.

Not a joke at all. 

Oxycontin was at one time "declared safe." Of course we know differently now. My point is that ongoing debate and discussion is a good thing rather than taking the word of the companies who stand to profit for their alleged safety.

Show me a study where someone said an opiod drug is perfectly safe.

They still prescribe Oxycontin because it is safe for someone to take for as short period of time
I've taken it plenty of times and am fine, so are millions of others but we didn't get addicted to it.
They've also been knowing the side effects and addicting qualities of opiods for about 100 years
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)