AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thoughts on owning duplexes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

puff33m
Posted 2/14/2019 19:39 (#7321228 - in reply to #7320955)
Subject: RE: Thoughts on owning duplexes

N FLA
Tough to pass an HOA fee on as rent. It's alot like saying the homeowners taxes are $1200 per year and the tenant pays that. Unless it's a very tight rent market, or maybe the locally accepted practice. But then you would say the rent is $1740 per month, or whatever it turns out.

I have always thought places with high home prices are different than places with good investment rental house markets. Like one of the posters said, look for a good cash flow, or a high return on investment if putting a pile of cash down. There is a whole lot of downside when it is time to replace a roof, or a tenant moves out and takes the refrigerator and cabinets with them. One of my best tenants I've had was a husband and wife who were a sheriff deputy and a city cop. Well the wife was killed in a drunk driving accident, the husband locked the German Shepards in the house and went crazy. He just took their daughter and went to his mother's house I guess. I never saw him again. Bad stuff happens to good landlords. Make good economic choices.

Edited by puff33m 2/14/2019 19:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)