AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Did Trump get Trumped by the Chinks?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Buckwheat
Posted 2/14/2019 13:21 (#7320464)
Subject: Did Trump get Trumped by the Chinks?

FYI. I am a Trump supporter,,,,,however.....I read with much dismay about Chinese Soybean purchase cancellations.....as well as the continuously enlarging spiraling escalating trade difference in favor of China,,,,even in the face of tariffs opposed by the US......so what the he// is going on?

First,,,on the purchase contract cancellations,,,,has this even been addressed in ongoing trade negotiations? Where I come from, a deal is a deal.....why is this allowed to continue?

Secondly, evidently...the US consumer is continuing to purchase crap from china at an increasing rate,,in spite of Tarrifs applied ....Tarriffs are a tax on consumers but so far the US consumer is either A acting irrationally,,or B,,,has China managed to somehow lower the underlying price of its exported products,,thus keeping the net price after tariff the same? I don’t know,,rhetorical question.

It would appear to this Trump Supporter ...from an Ag perspective,,,all that has been accomplished is an overseas market for beans has been severely damaged,,,inputs for Ag have actually increased...US consumers are buying more not less chinese crap. In Ag,,,ALL markets are interrelated,,,,,,,so when guys in the Dakotas and Minnesota decide to throttle back on beans this spring,,,,as it is becoming very obvious the soybean market will take a a long time to correct,,,,I imagine HRS will be seeded in it’s place......Thus downward price pressure on HRS.....makes one wonder just how much foresight or thought has been expended by our negotiating teams? Again, I am all for a hardline on china,,,,but have they outsmarted us...AGAIN?......
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)