AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Blueprint minerals by Alltech
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dabeegmon
Posted 2/15/2019 17:39 (#7323046 - in reply to #7319642)
Subject: RE: Blueprint minerals by Alltech

SE Manitoba
chrisws89 - 2/14/2019 05:42

right at the top both have 30mg per kg

I realize that either of these two are what lots of people swear by.

Before you can tell what really works for you there is some home work to do first.

1. you need a feed analysis on at least your major forages
(so if you feed 2 kinds of silage and one kind of hay - - - 3 tests - - - you also want to spend the $$$ and get the mineral section done using wet chemistry - - - costs more but a far lower coefficient of variation (LOTS lower))
2. good too if you have a good soil test done - - - this feeds into your forages

3. you really should add a Se (selenium) test into #1 but that's real expensive so here I would suggest you cheat by asking your regional ruminant nutritionist (can't remember the name at OMAFRA) was told that they're actually in Thunder Bay (WTF but it is what it
is)

Then to get this good mineral I would suggest you get some of your neighbors together. If you can get to where you buy a truck load worth at once prices can be fairly reasonable. Buying custom minerals isn't going to be cheap but at least it will work for YOU.

IMO the tags you showed work real well for the feed mill making them and really aren't that good.
If you want a picture this mineral would be like taking a shotgun with birdshot cartridges when you're going moose hunting.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)