AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cake Feeder for DDG
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Galaxie64
Posted 2/13/2019 16:48 (#7318619 - in reply to #7318558)
Subject: RE: Cake Feeder for DDG

WY, OK
I got a Crownline last year. Everyone around here said go with 3C but they were substantially more. I fed a 4 way blend that has DDG, soy hull, cracked corn and some pellets. Never had an issue with it. Has a counter and the chute is ran from inside the cab as well. Also has an outside knob that will turn it on if you want to hang a bucket off it and fill. Have one bull that found out he could turn that on with his tongue and dumped grain everywhere while the chute was up but didn't break anything. I got a 1500lb version for $2K ish last year but I see prices on all of them have gone up quite a bit. They apparently have a few dealers in Western CO.

http://truckbedsandfeeders.com/find-a-dealer/

Their site was slow for me so beware.

Only thing I don't like, and I think they are all like this, is you can't take it off easily for the 8-9 months a year you don't need it since it is wired directly in. I have plans to put a plug on it so I can unplug and take it off if need be.

Aside from that, one thing I'd like that I have never seen on any of them, is a sight strip or sight hole near the bottom to know when it is low. If I don't reset the counter I know it is empty near 300, feeds between 4#-5# per count, but if I am resetting to feed different groups I can't keep track.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)