AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fast sprayers how do you like them
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hf213
Posted 2/13/2019 18:18 (#7318809 - in reply to #7318270)
Subject: RE: Fast sprayers how do you like them

I have a 9430 w/ 100 ft booms., 1400 gallon tank, pull it with a JD 4440.

I had some lower hyd pressure issues for my outer flip over outer booms, but bought mine used. After calling factory support, they were very good over the phone. I ended up going with the next size larger diameter cylinder ( new ) and this helped slow the fold speed for me as well, so a win win in my situation.

I am 6 ft 1" and have to watch my head from hitting the booms when folded in transport if I want to go up front ladder and look in tank / or wash / rinse out.

Mine is a hyd pump, and I really like it. I control mine with an Ag Leader Versa, but it is Raven compatible, and if my Versa would fail, I can quick change to a Raven 450 very quickly.

I am very flat here, I can get away with 60" wheel settings. I do have to watch a little bit on boom sway, but it is manageable and operable, and I turn slow on the ends. The wheels are fairly easy to slide in and out ( rectangular box tube ). I have 320 R 54 tires, works good for post, but for early spring burndown, it can cut a little rut if soft. ( I try not to fill more than 800 gal per fill ) . In order to run duals, FAST recommends the large HD hub. I am building a set of duals ( 20.8 R 38 ) and using some salvaged semi axle hubs, then will weld these to rectangular tubing and slide in the original FAST main frame.

The tank and main frame are heavy enough, welds have been holding and look good as well as the tongue. The parallel boom linkage for up / down is heavy enough and provides good clearance for crop and transport.

I bought this used ( I think mine is a 2004 year ) and this one sat out all winter along a state highway, so it got some brine spray on it, It took some lovin', but I was able to get everything free'd up and in nice condition.

The only thing I do not care for is the powder coat finish....I realize mine spent a hard winter outside, but the finish is satin, and not nice and shiny or glossy. Several places where the sharp edges are, the powder coating has peeled and lifted. I am going to blast it this summer when done spraying and shoot it with a good epoxy primer and urethane finish.

The booms are built fairly well, but do keep and eye around the flip over hinges and support braces attached to the hinge area, I have had a few cracks develop and stayed on top of them by grinding and rewelding, and having decent luck now. I do contribute that to the previous owner of not greasing those flip over pivots enough.

THis sprayer has the triple quick jet nozzles....for me...I do not care for them...seems like they break easier. but the plumbing is decent and sized according, I do like the large Banjo 2" strainers and the electric ball valves.

Mine has the inductor that pivots up and down on parallel arms...I have never used it, since I have inductors where I fill, but I lower it so I can drain the tanks and plumbing completely when washing / rinsing.
I do like my 50 gallon rinse tank, there is a 3 position ball valve to go from tank / off / rinse. I repositioned / turned the tank level sight tube so I can see the numbers from my cab easier as well as when filling from the ground

The electric controls have been decent as well as the fold box controls, I think they are Deutsch connectors. Solenoid valve is at the rear of the sprayer, just ahead of the booms, easy to get to and work on.

About the only other troubles I have had, was that my outer breakaway booms would sometimes break a way when folding, but mainly I have readjusted the spring loaded pinch clamp a little tighter, and that helped solve that.
Lastly, on the self leveling, there are shocks and compression springs...I have had the compression springs come out of the socket that they fit in...I have increased the spring pressure adjustment, and have done some other modification, but can not remember exactly what I did with out looking at it...but that did solve most of that issue too.

I would buy another one. I am going to add a camera for seeing behind me, I have extended mirrors, but its not enough for me.

(0419161201a (full).jpg)

(0419161212a (full).jpg)

(0419161930a (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 0419161201a (full).jpg (109KB - 6 downloads)
Attachments 0419161212a (full).jpg (109KB - 3 downloads)
Attachments 0419161930a (full).jpg (146KB - 3 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)