AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ford Super Duty Diesel vs. Gas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

luvfarmin
Posted 2/12/2019 21:51 (#7317265 - in reply to #7316004)
Subject: RE: Ford Super Duty Diesel vs. Gas

I cannot hardly believe the fuel mileage you guys see on the 6.2 ford. We run 3 of these with bale beds all day everyday, once or twice a week they get hooked on a trailer of some sort....lieometer is consistently on 6- 6.5. On there best days on the highway with the cruise set they might get to 12 on a 150 plus mile trip empty running 65-70.
We have 1 6.7 that does basically the same thing only it is a 450 crew with a bale bed. This truck sees all of the heavy trailer work and a little less of the feeding but it is always around 11-12 on the mpg.
I might also add the diesel will pull circles around the 6.2 gassers. The gas trucks have a 3.55 rear end, and the other 2 are 3.73. There is very little difference in the power between them but the nod goes to the 14 model with the 3.55 over the 18 model with the 3.73.
Now I understand that these run and idle all day long but when the best we can get out of the gas motors is 12 empty I find it very hard to believe you guys pulling trailers can be anywhere near 12.
These are all cab and chassis 4x4 if that makes a difference which I know they are de-rated so maybe that could be our issue.
Give me a diesel anyday Hands down no questions asked.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)