AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

It was -8 F..well they could have put a better hose on there.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 2/12/2019 09:53 (#7315769)
Subject: It was -8 F..well they could have put a better hose on there.

just a tish NE of central ND
My heart just sank when I backed up and saw a big streak of oil on the snow as I moved away from the snow pile...Yeaaa...oil running out from under the cab onto only everywhere..
.... They (Deere)could have put a reliable crimped hose on the filter feed line instead of a hose barb and hose clamp afair that blows off when the hydraulic oil is thick and the tractor is cold , its 8 degrees below zero,and it was lightly snowing out.......not not that it makes any difference, but not everyone has heated shops and tools to tip the cab and wants to pull a rear tire off with solution and weights to install a hose.. This is on a 6400 jd tractor with a loader for feeding cows an and snow removal, haying ect..
Photo shows I had 5 extensions on a 5/16 socket to tighten the clamp with a speed wrench on the end for a handle to use my left hand to turn the clamp tight. This way I could tighten the clamp on the hose that kept pulling itself off of the hose barb everytime I took my hand off of the channel lock pliers I had on the hose.I also had a tire iron behind it to pry and push it back on.
The whole hose clamp and hose barb design just seems silly in the day of high pressures and crimped and flared lines even though the tractor is 20+ years old..
I cant wait for spring.

Edited by School Of Hard Knock 2/12/2019 10:09

(20190210_152044 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20190210_152044 (full).jpg (81KB - 124 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)