AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do you re-re-re confirm hotel reservations?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jay NE Ohio
Posted 2/12/2019 09:33 (#7315730 - in reply to #7315619)
Subject: RE: Do you re-re-re confirm hotel reservations?

northeastern Ohio
On a similar note: Sometimes it pays to check the hotel's website a few weeks in advance to see if there are any announcements. Last year, my parents made a reservation at a hotel for their annual vacation. They had stayed at this hotel before and it was their favorite in that area. A few weeks before they left, my brother called and told them that the hotel's website had a BIG warning that they were undergoing MAJOR renovations...... elevator closed, pool closed, lobby closed. My parents called the hotel to cancel, but they would not refund (booked through Expedia, might have refunded if booked direct). No other reasonable priced hotel rooms available in the area either.

They hoped that they would be able to reason with a live person when they got there, but the manager still would not refund their money. It was a miserable 2 weeks for them. The hotel gave them a pass to use the pool at a hotel down the street, and let them use the service elevator at the rear of the hotel. They were not impressed
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)