AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do you re-re-re confirm hotel reservations?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 2/12/2019 08:51 (#7315619)
Subject: Do you re-re-re confirm hotel reservations?

Chebanse, IL.....

I was going to post this a few weeks ago, but I got busy with other things. I hope this is timely info for some.

I would guess that many of you re-confirm your hotel reservations, even when you have printed-paper reservations in hand as well as electronic verification. We usually do, but not until time grows near for travel.

So, we always try to make reservations @ Louisville motels for the next year assuming we like the place. Did so the past few years at a popular name motel not far from the show site. Made the reservations w/hotel mgr @ the front desk. They email reservation confirmations & I keep them in file. Throughout the year, you receive various text & email notices from this and other establishments advising of various "deals" they have at various locations. Soon you overlook the flood of advertising info. But, a month or so ago, one email from the motel Hdqtrs caught our attention. It said they had been trying to contact us & to call them immediately "regarding any reservations we may have with them", not specifically addressing our reservation. 

So, we called the number in the email and it was for the motel we had stayed at. However, they now had NEW owner, new name, and no longer affiliated with the previous popular chain. What's more, any reservations made with previous chain name were now null & void. BUT...as a courtesy they would attempt to accommodate us and establish new reservations. We told them our needs and were given new confirmations (both electrical & print) and we were back where we started, but at a different $$ rate, though still acceptable.

That was a very close call. Had we disregarded that last email, we would've been out in the cold, literally. Room reservations were also re-confirmed in the recent hours just to make sure.

The point is....though some people wonder why others "question" promises, it's time like these that make the point. Check your reservations & trust others at your own risk.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)