AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD planter hydraulics on boxcar magnum
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 2/12/2019 08:15 (#7315541)
Subject: JD planter hydraulics on boxcar magnum

Morris, IL
Looking at different JD planter to be pulled with 8940. Have a 7200 now single vacuum ground drive and I don’t even know it’s there. I run vacuum on #1 and adjust from the cab.

So for starters this planter has two vacuum fans. JD says they use 3-5 gpm each. I have never used the flow control valves but wondering how I go about this with two as I don’t have extra remote to use, do I need a rotary divider to keep them even on #1? Should I put them on #2 or #3 and adjust flow with JD control valves? They are setup now with two control valves but use one remote.

Also has 2x small fertilizer pumps and 2x hydraulic seed drives. Fertilizer pumps and hydraulic drive all don’t use much but probably 10-12 gpm total. The seed drive are pwm so not planting they are not using oil. The fertilizer run all the time.

I am thinking if I put the lift on number 1 and use 2-3 for everything else I can slow priority speed down till it lifts decent speed and doesn’t kill vacuum? Maybe take some playing with it, maybe wishful thinking? What’s best way to go about this? Have a bigger tractor available with 4 remotes and 50+gpm pump if I needed it but rather use 8940. Guys selling it said they used JD8400 with 40 gpm pump and got along great. Thanks in advance.

Looking at tractor data JD 8400 list 30gpm scv flow closed PFC, I know he said 40 gpm tho could it be aftermarket or after factory upgrade?
CIH list 27gpm scv flow closed PFC with the priority valve setup believe that’s just number 1 tho.

Edited by NEILFarmer 2/12/2019 08:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)