AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgRural Cut's Brazilian Soy crop 4.4 mmt's.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

farmer4321
Posted 2/12/2019 13:40 (#7316218 - in reply to #7315800)
Subject: RE: Ship loading.times.

I don't pay for the full service, just use what's available for free but they do indicate the date & time when the ship pulls up to the dock and then again when it pulls away. If you follow those dates & times you can get a fair idea how long a ship took to load. In previous years, before the really busy season would start, it wasn't uncommon for a ship to remain docked a week or more. As the season got busy then the time at the dock would decrease to less than a week and then just a couple of days. I take that to indicate that beans were more available to load. Likewise when there was a trucker strike or rainy weather, it took longer to a ship.
The other good clue is the draft. The data stream shows the draft or how deep in the water the ship is riding. When a ship arrives with only 6 meters of draft but leaves three days later with 14 meters maximum published draft you can assume it left loaded. It's not uncommon for a ship to travel up the Amazon to a interior river port, take on half load then sail down the river and to another port to top off.
Using this kind of data, do I know exactly what's happening? No, but you can get fair idea if you just read the clues available to you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)