AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

40th anniversity of 1979 Daytona 500 race, and fight.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Bruce NW Ia
Posted 2/11/2019 20:40 (#7314822)
Subject: 40th anniversity of 1979 Daytona 500 race, and fight.

Cherokee County, Northwest Iowa
Surfing thru You Tube tonight, ran across "The Fight that put NASCAR on the map", the last lap of the 1979 Daytona 500 and the resulting fight on the backstretch thereafter.

Brothers Donnie and Bobby Allison and Cale Yarborough had a three car wreck earlier in the race, but were able to get back on the track, and Cale and Donnie remembered that as they were leading the last lap of the race. They got into a wreck, spun out and crashed and came to a halt, as Richard Petty drove by them to win the race.

I had seen the Hall of Fame show about the induction of Bobby Allison on You Tube before, where Bobby said that he pulled around to offer his brother Donnie a ride back to the pits. Cale knew that Donnie was a fighter and that Bobby wasn't, so Cale decided to start poking at Bobby while he was still in the car. Someone pulled Cale away for a couple of seconds, allowing Bobby to get of his car. Bobby went on to say "I climbed out of the car and he went to beating my hand with his nose. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!"
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)