AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another investment question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

mikado
Posted 2/12/2019 11:41 (#7315966 - in reply to #7315557)
Subject: RE: Another investment question

SW WI
I appreciate a different point of view that Boone gives. Lot of guys never would sell farmland, some even don’t want the heirs to sell. My point of view has always been....if I’m not working it and my kids aren’t either....let me give someone else a chance to make a living at it.

Now of course I don’t want to be shortsighted on this, maybe hanging onto it is the safest, most beneficial for me...then it’s time to put my money where my mouth is, if I want a young guy to have a chance. To many older folks just give lip service to that. As far as my kids....sure, I would like to leave them something....but I have the utmost confidence in them making their own way in this world also. I’ve told the story before...an 80 something landlord worried about his 50 something son. Needed all he could get on land because he had to provide for son. Build something yourself is what I would tell my kids. Just because the old guy retired does that mean a middle aged son is now retired, too? Wow, how long does he need a pacifier?

Went off the rails there....as you can see, I believe in the turnover of farmland.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)