AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Had 2017 F-350 services at Ford garage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 2/11/2019 22:18 (#7315074 - in reply to #7314086)
Subject: RE: Had 2017 F-350 services at Ford garage

Mountain Mechanic - 2/11/2019 20:48

This is why I hate oil changes in my shop. People seem to think I should be able to do it comparable to their own cost buying everything through Amazon or compared to some quick lube shop. I'm not here to lose money or ruin my name. I have done oil changes behind the cheap quick lube shops. I have to destroy the filters to get them off. I've seen oil running out of the plug because it wasn't tight or they lost the seal washer and didn't notice. I've ruined plugs because they were way overnighted. Quality service costs money.

Heh. When I was a pilot for AirNet Systems after I finished flight instructing I was poor and was kinda missing working with my hands actually. I decided to go work for Walmart in the Tire and Lube department part time just for extra income and to do something mechanical again.

After going through training I think I lasted an additional week to week and a half. That was a place where people went to have their cars destroyed as far as I could tell. I felt like I could not be associated with all of the terrible stuff that was happening there so I quit. Stripped studs or lugnuts. Rounded off drain plugs. I remember watching a kid pull the dipstick out and accidentally scraped a big bunch of dirt off the engine as he pushed it back in. Didn't even phase him. I know the oil filter should pick that up before it goes into critical parts of the engine but boy that kind of stuff was hard to see all the time. I couldn't take it and decided I was satisfied with one job.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)