AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for the group
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

mikeswoh
Posted 2/11/2019 21:39 (#7314996 - in reply to #7313441)
Subject: RE: Question for the group

1- I want to stay positive and beat inflation but you will have down years but my best year has been over 40% and currently in the double digits this year.

2- When I was younger I liked to do a lot of short term trading and still do some but I have also given up some good returns that way because I sold way too soon. I sold Deere at $90 and short term thought I was a genius but I should have bought more when it dropped below $50. Long term positions are entered when the talking heads say a recession is coming and the market has a pull back ie this January but even then I spread out the purchases and I didn't get as much as I wanted bought before it rallied back.

3- I'am perfectly capable of loosing money on my own I don't need to pay someone to do it for me. Seriously if your are reading this you don't need to pay someone to loose your money. A post the other explained what happens with fees and advisers pretty well. Why pay a adviser when Vanguard is available! I don't believe in supporting commission junkies and the financial services industry is filled with some of the scummiest of the scum of the earth.

4- Been trading over 20 years and this is what I struggle with the most. If I would've never wasted time driving a tractor and farming I might have this figured out. I don't have the the analytical approach that jp and others do with charting but I listen to the news and look at a chart then wing it! Past few years have definitely been investor friendly. Bulls make money bears make money, hogs get slaughtered.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)