AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Snowmobile machinery
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

BurkFarms
Posted 2/11/2019 13:58 (#7313851 - in reply to #7313717)
Subject: RE: Snowmobile machinery

East Central Indiana
If you want reliability 4 stroke is the answer and Yamaha has the best 4 stroke motor out there in a sled.
I myself despise 4 stroke motors. They are heavy clumsy machines. But I try to ride off trail into the woods as much as possible.
If your looking to cruise 60-70 mph I’d say you’ll be happy as can be. I think ski doo has a much better chassis than Yamaha abs there 4 strokes are pretty solid motors. The comfort level of the ride will be far better on the skidoo that Yamaha

Here is my ranking
Polaris has by far the best chassis for my style of riding. Their 2 stroke motors don’t have a ton of longevity but they are cheap to rebuild and the motor tends to be stronger on a rebuild than when new

Ski do has the second best chassis but the most bullet proof 2 stroke motor on the market

The new cat 2 stroke motors are STRONG and they have a really good clutch system. But chassis why’s they seam to have fallen behind

Yamaha is just a flat out heavy creature. Bullet proof motors but heavy help you if you ever get stuck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)