AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Investments for 26 year old
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

sand85
Posted 2/12/2019 18:39 (#7316667 - in reply to #7312408)
Subject: RE: Investments for 26 year old

C IL
If you have the kind of non-allocated free cash flow I think you might be making (my wife and I did that for a while before I thought I should come home and farm) I’ll tell you this - one of these day you may get a wild hair to start a business, farm full-time, who knows. And suddenly it can all go away as you invest heavily in that new opportunity.

Aggressively service your existing term debt and keep your debt obligations low, you will have a wildly strong hand. That is really enjoyable. After you sink your cash stash into some long-term obligations like land, your flexibility becomes much more limited (as in somewhat limited at all, where you used to have no real practical limits compared to your probably modest spending). That is fine and everyone can learn to live with that, but it’s different from when you may have had lots of thousands of free cash flow show up every month in your account.

You are likely so far ahead of the pack you have no real financial peers your age, so you have to keep careful counsel with yourself and your wife.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)