AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

beef check off-a follow up to ice on the pumkin and bohunk's post
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

JDSWMO
Posted 2/11/2019 15:32 (#7314028 - in reply to #7313852)
Subject: RE: beef check off-a follow up to ice on the pumkin and bohunk's post

Beefbiz - 2/11/2019 13:58

You statement was "Said buy a guy who doesn't own cattle" which clearly implies that my opinion is not to be trusted because I don't own cattle. If you had said cows, I would have agreed that I don't own cows.

So it seems that in your eyes I have no credibility because I don't own cows. Based on your logic a doctor can't treat cancer unless he has cancer himself. I work full time in the beef cattle industry and I have worked with cattle producers and feeders for over 30 years. My income depends entirely on providing reliable service and solid advice to the feeders and producers I work with - if I fail at that, I starve.

I never said you should be happy about anything, there is plenty I am not happy about but I try to focus on what I can actually change. All I did was try to review the numbers, which are available to anyone through the USDA. In my opinion those numbers support the need to import lean trimmings to meet consumer demand for ground beef, and they support the opinion that the checkoff is working. If you disagree, it doesn't bother me. If you want more oversight on the Checkoff dollars, you've got my support.

Since your such a fan of accuracy and the answer above sounds like a politician and I think I recall a conversation between you and Mac that you said you didn't own any cattle, do you own any type of bovine?

Second why should foreign countries be able to cash in on demand for US beef?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)