AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

beef check off-a follow up to ice on the pumkin and bohunk's post
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

JDSWMO
Posted 2/11/2019 15:15 (#7313996 - in reply to #7313340)
Subject: RE: beef check off-a follow up to ice on the pumkin and bohunk's post

Abomb - 2/11/2019 11:12

My take is that the people who truly care, are buying meat from the local locker anyways, so they are kind of irrelevant to the grocery store. Also, how many people buy meat at Walmart, or McDonald’s and Burger King? It’s alot. I don’t think any of those people really care, but they would car if their Big Mac goes up in price another $1. I gave an example of a big regional grocerer that has cool, but I’ve never heard anyone tell me that’s why they buy there. I thought it was pretty easy to understand how importing lean trim, and exporting the high dollar cuts, is a gain on the value of a carcass, but whatever. I know, I’m just a pig farmer so I have no room to talk, but I pay into a check off also, which is $0.40 per $100, so way steeper than the $1/head. I have gripes about the pork checkoff also, but I also realize how much of a positive impact they have on exports, and in Washington. I think them educating politicians is as valuable as educating consumers. Look at the dollars the “humane groups” have to lobby against us with. They would take us to the cleaners if we didn’t have a checkoff lobbying for us. I’d rather have 99% of a watermelon, but it looks like some guys would rather have 100% of a grape.

The price of a big Mac today with culls at .40 is the same as it was 3-4 years ago when cull were .90.

Second it is against the law to use checkoff money to lobby politicians.

Maybe you should stick to pigs.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)