AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sunday night heifer check
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ajblair
Posted 2/10/2019 20:28 (#7312047)
Subject: Sunday night heifer check

Dayton, IA
I don't know why I like cows so much but do for whatever reason. Was laying on couch with kids watching americas funniest home videos before they go to bed. Have a group of heifers that will calve in the next week, one yesterday. Nothing even close when I fed tonight but one didn't come to the bunk and was walking sore so I thought I better go out one last time just to be sure. Started wifes car from house and kept procrastinating. Finally drove out in my sweatpants thinking about having a late night trying to get a calf from a heifer. Just making myself mad in my head about buying heifers that calve in February. Then I start driving down the bunkline and see cows pick up their heads chewing on feed. By the time I get to the end of the bunk line I have forgotten about being mad and having to go out in the cold and I realize I'm laughing to myself looking at their faces staring into the headlights. Quick walk around with the flashlight and nothing happening tonight. Just had to make myself get going, cows put me in a better mood.

A.J.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)