AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

KS Township issues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Bubba David
Posted 2/10/2019 20:01 (#7311952)
Subject: KS Township issues

KS, ID

I'll start off by saying I'm not one to complain, especially about townships. I realize we had an enormous amount of rain this last fall, but bear with me.

With my Custom harvesting it takes me thru Harvey County(for you local guys). Anyways, since the newest and youngest members got on the board, the roads have gone to pot with the exception of where they live. The roads that go by there houses get graded every couple of weeks, while the rest of the Township gets graded once every 2-3 months. And for those of you in SC KS know that with all that rain the roads should be worked more than that. They were approached by a couple guys who wanted to run the grader. They said no, and put sand on the roads which made things worse. I couldn't understand why things were so bad. So, I went to the oldest member of the Township and he was very interested in having Mr run the grader and invited me to their next meeting.

So, I went to there meeting, only to find out the newest member was calling the shots, so his kin could have a weekend job running the grader. He said they would think about hiring me after I went to "grader school" for a few months and then came back. Anyway, their so busy spending money on themselves and the few miles to the highway while everyone else is suffering.

I don't like complaining, but I also don't like expensive repairs from just moving from field to field. The grader also leaves huge piles of dirt, which has cracked to many combine duals to count. Also know a guy that wrecked his vehicle because of there terrible roads. Am I the only one that has to deal with this or thinks this is wierd? They are a complete waist of tax payer dollars.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)