AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

KS Township issues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

KSUFarmer
Posted 2/10/2019 21:31 (#7312272 - in reply to #7311952)
Subject: RE: KS Township issues

I know exactly what you are talking about. We deal with 3 or 4 townships in northern Sedgwick county and southern Harvey county. The counties seem to get over their roads at regular intervals and they are decent. But, we are lucky to see one township every couple of months. That township has a brand new grader every year it seems, but it hardly ever gets away from the area nearer to Wichita where the population (and money) is. When it does go by, it's going 30 mph and barely filling holes with a little dry sand, which is out of the holes in the next 30 minutes from traffic. Our other close township does a decent job, but has a ditch on the side of the road surface as well as one in the ditch. His roads are tolerable though.

It seems to me that the grader guys have too many irons in the fire and can't concentrate enough on doing a good job often enough. I will admit that a lot of rain makes it hard to keep up with, but there is room for improvement. I've seen washboards put more cars in the ditch over the decades. Most townships have little to no turnover in people. It's hard to find people to do the job I guess. The 36 square miles of territory becomes the person's little empire over time.

Edited by KSUFarmer 2/10/2019 21:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)