AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New to spraying, purchasing sprayer this year. Advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

AGB
Posted 2/10/2019 11:26 (#7310903 - in reply to #7310859)
Subject: RE: New to spraying, purchasing sprayer this year. Advice

Mid-Michigan
All the name brand sprayers work well. There are so many nozzles that your head will spin. I use 15 gallon fan type which I think is about standard (fan). Calibration is really crucial. If buying used, dont take the guys word for it. Do it yourself. Make several practice runs with water so that you know everything is in working order and you know what you are doing. 60 ft might be big enough but you will be sorry that you didn't get bigger once you get used to it. There's a million used 90s out there. I have a PTO pump on a hardi and I'm very happy with it. I do have all the john deere stuff on mine which made me a very good applicator (I used to do it the way you are planning and let's just say you wouldn't hire me to do your spraying). At least get a light bar (forget foam). Dont be afraid to ask a good neighbor who has been spraying for awhile to help you when mixing. This is a trickery, delicate procedure that you cant screw up )and costly). I like spraying but it's as nerve racking as planting for me. Good luck. Lots of experts on here for advice. I might add that if you go with a hardi, you cant just go to tsc for parts. It's a good sprayer but that's a pain.

Edited by AGB 2/10/2019 11:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)