AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soybeans test weights
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

sloughclub
Posted 2/10/2019 14:15 (#7311200 - in reply to #7311136)
Subject: RE: Soybeans test weights

Southern Missouri
Had a lot of beans forward contracted last fall and while the better drivers were hauling to the river on those contracts the older slower trucks/drivers were hauling to our bins because we could tell were going to have more bushels than had sold,11to 13 on the moisture all fall,lowest test weight was 55,were now hauling in those beans that came out of same fields as those tickets from last fall and most are 55 to 57 test weight but have had 3 loads be lower than 53.9 which is where girl at scale house said test weight dock kicks in,one was a 50. something,I called and talked to scale house manager and asked about why the scenario I described above could be taking place? She’s very familiar with our contracts and loads we had in the fall and she was very understanding and is going to watch for this when we go back to hauling next week and we did discuss getting state grade on some if it shows up again,I realize elevators have to show a profit but it’s not like we had to run fans forever or had leaky bins etc.Im a little like Kenaan on Saturday night live,what’s up with that?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)