AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Simple question Do over.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

GOMSK
Posted 2/10/2019 06:42 (#7310399 - in reply to #7310304)
Subject: RE: Post / Question of the year

When looking at corn and beans I try to keep it strictly technical. Unlike cattle which I like some fundamentals. There are some things that need to complete lower first, I think, before we can go higher. I think human nature due to carry outs has us bullish corn and bearish beans, and I don’t wonder if we should be the other way. There is just a simple trendline that I think we suck back to and touch. We probably even work below it, and if we do it may be a sign of things to come. But beans have downward targets that are outright scary too...

Saw weather guy speak, said admittedly he can’t predict the weather this far out, and really can’t predict July weather until couple weeks before. But his opinion as of right now is that weather this year will allow us to get crop in better than last year. And July weather will be favorable to the major corn growing states. With the similar dry pocket over Missouri again. Said this doesn’t look To be a catalyst for higher prices. So you better hope some other country has a drought...

So the chart patterns are there, and now the weather guy thinks we’ll have a good crop, makes me scratch my head and wonder.

Which makes me think this post and question nailed our current dilemma on the head...And admittedly I’m stuck and unsure of what I should do to better protect myself.

Edited by GOMSK 2/10/2019 06:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)