AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Investing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

tmrand
Posted 2/9/2019 21:39 (#7310089 - in reply to #7309805)
Subject: RE: Investing

Colorado
You're obviously a very knowledgeable fellow Boone and a good guy to be sharing your stuff on this site. I'm so used to being broke that it's hard to overcome that phenomenon. On a balance sheet I've got a 2 million dollar net worth but at times it's hard to pay the light bill. This country isn't your typical farm country. While timing is important everywhere................it is really compounded in an area where with a little rain you can produce enough revenue from an acre to dang near pay for that same acre on that given year. And then you might go years producing nothing! The inconsistency of generating income has just eaten up my ability to set a great financial plan (aside from farming) into action. At least the land here is cheap enough that when we have a bad year we can go out and run our custom haying business a little harder and make our payments. Most years I'm fine with just using our equipment on our stuff. I have kind of forced myself to keep buying land through all of our turmoil (wasn't that much of an arm twist since it only seems natural) At this point it looks like on paper that we've done quite well. If I can just keep them from shutting the lights off another month!

Edited by tmrand 2/9/2019 21:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)