AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Integra, Direct Command and pressure
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

rocker
Posted 2/10/2019 15:01 (#7311301 - in reply to #7310656)
Subject: RE: Integra, Direct Command and pressure

NE Alberta
I use a Raven pressure transducer with my pull type sprayer and Integra for the exact reasons Tedbear was mentioning (stopping the pump from running empty at all). It takes a few seconds for the rate alarms to go off when the unit runs empty, and it is hard to know the exact spot in the field where the application rate started to get "iffy" when returning. I have a mechanical pressure gauge on the sprayer, but that requires turning around to look at it, and with a transducer, I can just watch the Integra and when the pressure starts to fluctuate I turn the pump off immediately knowing that everything applied up to that point was at the correct rate , and I did not risk damaging the pump.

However, the Raven transducers I have been using (I have had to replace 2) seem incredibly expensive (Raven #4220000090 or CNH #84201517) and not a lot of places even sell them in Canada. Is there a cheaper alternative? Something like these ??

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1-8NPT-Stainless-Steel-Pressure-Transducer-S...
The 300psi version of this one may have a similar calibration factor to the Raven?

Edited by rocker 2/10/2019 17:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)