AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Integra, Direct Command and pressure
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

gemarsh
Posted 2/9/2019 10:01 (#7308598 - in reply to #7308292)
Subject: RE: Integra, Direct Command and pressure

Central NE

Thanks for the response.

I'm a self taught sprayer operator. The OEM setup in the spra-coupe had an audio alarm go off when the system had zero pressure. How? I don't know, but will investigate this spring after the freeze up. Can not see tank from cab. Now with Direct Command installed, there is no audio alarm, I rely on the pressure gauge in front of the windshield to know exactly when tank is empty.

The pressure gauge is on the 3 point sprayer. Also can't see the last 50 gallons in tank. So I set the tank volume alarm at 50 gal and when that goes off, I get out and shut the agitation off and let the foam settle down and continue to spray the remaining off on both sprayers, watching the pressure gauge fluctuate before hitting zero. That is ok having auto steer on the cat and only use it for pre's and stubble spraying, but not so well in-crop spraying beans with with the coupe.

Maybe I am spraying wrong, but how would I know if there is 2 gallons left or 15 in the tank, to head back to the tender? With only a 300 gallon capacity tank and 10 gallons left in the tank, after a while wouldn't the concentration get "stronger"? I am using the max allowed on labels and afraid higher concentrations would ding beans or the following wheat. I also make my recipes to come out with 'maybe' having 15 gallons left of product after the field is done. At 10g/a, If I didn't empty every tank everytime, I would be short on a half section. I would rather not do math at the tender to figure out, to the ounce, of how much product to add to a partial tank, when it is "go time" spraying liberty beans. Liberty not so much, but chemicals like Impact or such, that use an ounce or less to the acre.

Just trying to make my life easier and not kinking my neck around like an owl, watching a gauge, with my finger on the pump switch! :>) Direct Command with rtk auto swath has made life so much better. Before, when the tank would run dry in a middle of a pass, I'd get out and flag that spot, to know where to begin on the next tank. Foam might be gone by that time.

I will be waiting for the retail version of your hobby project. My hobbies consist of splitting wood.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)