AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are there an good farm boys left?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

berggrenfarms
Posted 2/8/2019 15:00 (#7306799 - in reply to #7306586)
Subject: RE: Are there an good farm boys left?

Nebraska, The land of corn and cattle

At 16 I think we were all pretty much jerks, I know I was a bit, thought I had the world by the balls. Turns out I didn't, but those life experiences are part of what made me who I am today, for better or worse. Just remember what you were like at 16, and what you REALLY cared about, besides cars and parties lol.  

Ill also warn you that I charmed more than my share of parents in my day, lots of "yes sir" and "Yes maams" and good handshakes, so just because he seems like a nice kid doesn't always mean that's true. Not that I was controlling or a real arsehole or anything, and I never crossed any lines without permission, I just wasn't totally as clean cut and wholesome as I seemed, but usually neither was their "sweet little angel", not saying yours is that way, just been my experience. 

I think Id worry about hoping she finds an all around decent kid, farm kid or not, because a "farm kid" is a dying breed no matter where you are, and if you raised her right things will work out on their own. Don't focus on the Christian values, a lot of the "holy roller" kids Ive met have more messed up values and morals than I do. 

Raising girls is tough Im sure, that's why Im glad I have a boy and hes only 2 so all he cares about is the next episode of Paw Patrol. Biggest thing I can speak from the other side, if you want her to find a good guy is to not shelter her, and don't try and smother her, some of the wildest girls Ive seen and ever been around were the ones who were smothered by their parents in HS, weren't allowed to go on dates without a ton of rules and just had overbearing parents. Most of them were crazy party girls with drugs and alcohol and a lot ended up pregnant young by a deadbeat and are on their 2nd or 3rd kid and usually second marriage or are single moms.  Let her get that dating a bad boy thing out of her system early, I know because I usually was that bad boy lol 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)