AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ez boom planter control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/9/2019 08:12 (#7308337 - in reply to #7306288)
Subject: RE: Ez boom planter control

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Ca360 - 2/8/2019 11:34

Based on what I read, since it was designed for spraying, it would turn off when stopped. This caused a skip when starting again. This could be not true, just what I read.

When EZ-Boom is used with a sprayer, it can handle rate control as well as section control. When it is used with a planter it does not handle rate or population changes. With a sprayer, if you slow down, the control system should reduce the flow in an attempt to keep the applied rate correct. If you slowed down to the point of stopping, it might cut the flow down to nothing. Then when you start to move again, there may be a delay until the flow returns to the correct level again. This could cause an area of no to low rate. There are various ways to get around this even with a sprayer.

This would not be a concern with the planter since the clutches would remain engaged even if you stop. If the planter is ground driven, then the seed flow would stop as you would desire but would start again when you started to move. This would be exactly like stopping and starting without section control.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)