AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New land purchases
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

kst1
Posted 2/8/2019 09:41 (#7305997 - in reply to #7305971)
Subject: RE: New land purchases

jtpfarm - 2/8/2019 10:33

Buck S - 2/8/2019 09:19

Boone & Crockett - 2/8/2019 07:52

Bring me up to speed, I must have missed the memo. Something AOC proposing again?

Oh, nothing major. Yes AOC did make a "green deal" proposal yesterday. A couple of the highlights:

1. Eliminate all air travel within 12 years
2. Rebuild EVERY single building in the United States. Not sure where they will get the lumber since there are not enough trees in the world
3. Tax the "wealthy" into oblivion with a 70-90% rate
4. Ban nuclear power
5. Eliminate the internal combustion engine and all fossil fuels
6. Give free money to those unable or "unwilling" to work.

I think you get the picture. She has support from almost all of the announced presidential candidates.

The list continues.

7. Guaranteed income for everyone
8. Guaranteed government job for everyone.
9. Free education/college
10. Universal healthcare.
11. Give government control of all energy.

Thankfully, this is a "non binding" bill. Which means that even if it does pass, it basically means nothing.

I don't know if anyone else saw this but in reference to #7 her congressional office put out a memo that actually SAID guaranteed income for those UNWILLING to work.

Edit:
Link to the memo: https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/5729035/Green-New-Deal-FA...
What I'm referring to is on page 1 about 2/3 of way down, last point under reference to FDR's 2nd bill or rights. I stopped reading after that.

Another edit.... I got political and shouldn't have so I deleted some comments. Not marketing. Left the link so everyone could read the memo from AOC's office on the bill.

Edited by kst1 2/8/2019 10:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)