AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

dec corn looks...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

MX255
Posted 2/7/2019 18:34 (#7304523 - in reply to #7304309)
Subject: RE: MX255 please help me understand

southwest Missouri
JD70 - 2/7/2019 17:28

I'm old enough to not have been an active farmer but

I'm also old enough to understand that the FED not the Pres dictates Interest rates in short terms and the market in longer terms.

that both Nixon and Ford Put on world wide grain embargo's for the specific reason as to break or stop price rises.

Carter Put his on because Russia had invaded a sovereign foreign country.

Trump policy of how to handle a country that is believed to have unfair business practices has resulted in retaliatory Tariffs.

of the 4 the Carter action seems the most logical the rest seem to me being the government getting involved in private business, I could kind of see trumps saying it is a government business practice by China that forced his hand but the other two were simply presidents saying they know better than the business world, which is kind of what trump is saying also, using that business in the US get taken advantage of when negotiating with China to me that seems pretty simple don't do business with China if you don't like the terms. and the fact that trump has granted waivers in Ethanol cuts thin my tolerance for exceptions on his part.

but that just me here in the Peanut Gallery

We. Need to send all the Ship loads of China. Junk Landfill material back to them. Refuse to unload @ our ports. Or just drop it in the water. Make sure CHINA. See s the video of doing so
Two can play these games. If done the way I suggest. It d be over quick
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)