AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

10 mmt
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Buck S
Posted 2/7/2019 11:55 (#7303600 - in reply to #7303539)
Subject: RE: Demand, obviously you missed the memo.

McLeod County, MN
NO, worldwide demand HAS NOT dropped.

Last week it was -40 degrees here. Work stopped, school stopped, and nobody was going out to the grocery store. Does that mean people stopped eating? If you looked at the grocery store purchases for the week they would have been WAY down. You know what people did? They went to the kitchen cupboards and their other food storage areas and exhausted their supply before they dared to go out and get more. Just like China has done with soybeans.

and of course the shipments to China havent matched the sales. They are extending the olive branch by committing to the purchases. The shipments are slow just in case the negotiations fall apart cause our guys are pushing them hard. They are taking just enough to skate by and show good will. Do you assume they are so stupid that they would get balls deep in shipments and loose leverage in negotiations?? I dont. I believe both sides are doing what is necessary to deescalate the conflict and come closer to a resolution.

You have zero credibility on the subject and have been wrong every step of the way. You predicted $6 beans and that farmers would get shafted on the MFP. Both entirely wrong. My MFP combine with my cash sales are gonna fetch me about $10.50 a bushel. The best I have done in years.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)