AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm building.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dustingor
Posted 2/12/2019 23:02 (#7317390 - in reply to #7298681)
Subject: RE: Farm building.

I have put up 4 Morton buildings in the last 15 years a 46x60x16 lined and heated shop with laminated wood 2x6 posts and 2 overhead doors built in 04, 60x120x16 with two 30’ sliding doors with laminated 2x6 posts built in 08 cold storage with gravel floor, a 46x64x18 seed warehouse with one 20’x16’ door used perma columns in it and they used 2x8 laminated posts above the columns. Built in 2015, then in 2017 built a 42x54x14’ hobby shop with a 30’x30’x10’ attached garage. Used perma columns on it too. When I built the warehouse in 2015 perma was an option, in 2017 when I put up the hobby shop you can only get perma columns no more wood below ground. So far all the buildings are holding up great, no complaints. Only troubles I have are with the overhead doors require attention and constant maintenance. Morton makes a great building. I added an office last year to the shop I built in 04 and the tin wasn’t faded at all on the old building. When they were done the office matches perfectly! Also if doing concrete put a layer of 3/4” foam board under the concrete so the floor doesn’t sweat and it will stay warmer, and under the doors have your concrete guy drill 1’ wide holes all the way across under the door and fill them with rebar and concrete down about 4’ you do NOT want that apron to move.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)