AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why won’t my Yanmar start?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Big Ben
Posted 2/4/2019 21:36 (#7297475)
Subject: Why won’t my Yanmar start?

Columbia Basin, Ephrata, WA
I have a Yanmar 3TNE84 engine that I’m putting in a small articulated loader. It’s very similar to what is in a John Deere 855 tractor. I got it running once last year while it was just hanging from the engine hoist, so thought it would be a walk in the park to get going once installed in the loader. I was wrong.

It cranks fine and tries to fire, but just won’t quite go. It blows a lot of smoke while crank-sputtering. I cracked all the lines and seem to have fuel everywhere, and pulling the shutdown lever on the pump while cranking (predictably) stops the smoking and sputtering. It seems to have fuel (a lot of it, by the smoke) but won’t take off and run.

I have a generic little 12v fuel pump supplying the injector pump, and it says it’s for gas or diesel, but there’s a part of me that still wonders if the fuel supply pressure is high enough. But again, by the smoke it seems to be getting fuel.

I’m not sure what else to try here. It’s a plain old mechanical diesel, they’re supposed to go once they have fuel and are cranking. I can’t recall exactly what we did to get it going last year, because it ran fine, and has only been sitting in the shop since then.

Any ideas why my engine won’t take off and just run?

Does anyone know what the fuel supply pressure for a JD 855 tractor would be?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)