AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any experience with 18650 batteries?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/5/2019 07:29 (#7297936 - in reply to #7297401)
Subject: Latest developments

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Thanks for the additional information on these batteries. I have a set and charger ordered. I really don't expect that the robot car will get a lot of use but then there may be other projects. When I went to electronics tech school some years ago, our first project was to build a device that consisted of two breadboards with various circuitry underneath to provide two sets of variable DC power supplies, some pots etc. for various experiments. I may dig this out and use the variable DC power supply to temporarily power the car for testing before the 18650's arrive. This will require putting the car "up on blocks" for the test drives.

I never was able to read the CD that came with the Robot car but I found the equivalent online which was quite good considering the Chinese/English that was spoken. The robot car is assembled in stages. Stage 1 just uses a demo program within the Arduino that performs a set of steps such as driving forward then backward, then a left turn and then a right turn. This is to test the assembly.

If this works properly an IR sensor board and appropriate sketch is used. The car can then be "driven" by using the supplied IR remote.

The next stage is to add two black/white sensors on the front of the car and load the appropriate sketch. The car then should follow a black line on a white background on its own.

The final stage is to install a Bluetooth receiver board and appropriate sketch. An app is installed on a smartphone. This allows control of the Robot car by using arrow keys on the phone app to communicate via Bluetooth to the Arduino. I'm anxious to try this.

I'm uncertain if my iPhone will work with this but I revived an old Android phone and loaded the app on it so hopefully that will work. From other things I've done with Bluetooth, I get the impression that IOS Bluetooth is somewhat different than Android Bluetooth.

Edited by tedbear 2/5/2019 07:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)