AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Did you see him? I did
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

J P
Posted 2/3/2019 08:09 (#7293600 - in reply to #7292945)
Subject: RE: Did you see him? I did

Centuryfarm - 2/2/2019 19:22

It so much reminds me if a con man named Scotty back in 2003. He posted under a made up name called old timer. He was selling something called sacred geometry, whoooooooo. All he could talk about was following the whale tracks. He called many turns until South America flooded out. He totally got ran over. He totally was laughed out of SF. I’m not saying this guy is involved with him. But on the other hand.

Century, I am sorry that you are having such a bad time in your life and you feel it's necessary to lash out. I do hope that all the personal issues that you are having have a resolution that is the best possible outcome for you and your family. You and I have talked for hours, I bought you lunch, and you know better about your claims. If I was a con man, I would be selling something - anything..and yet, I have nothing to gain at all financially. I am not affiliated with MG other than being a student there. I pay full tuition. I have no clients, do not sell newsletters, in fact, I run from doing any sort of sales at all. I am more likely to give it away for free than charge for it.

There have been many Scott's at MG. There is one that has been there longer than me. It is possible it was him? Maybe. I met him in Chicago, had a diet coke with him and he seemed to be quite genuine. But I have been fooled before. If you were so fortunate to have been offered that information about whale tracks and geometry 15 years ago, you were very fortunate. Wish I had been. Calling turns then getting run over is no big deal. We all have been there....including you my friend. Being laughed out of SF or here for that matter is pretty meaningless. I kinda liken the things that go on here as being an similar to an elementary playground. It doesn't mean that the person is wrong, just that the audience is not willing to accept information challenging what they think they know. Most just wanna fit in with their buddies, don't investigate the other opinions for themselves and their is safety for the ego in numbers...... just wanna be one of the cool kids. In my life, I remember that many times....I also remember some years later realizing how much of a fool I was for wanting to be a cool kid too.

Whale tracks have existed for a long as market have existed although less common today. The officials are making it more difficult but many of these whales have their roots in legislation that is nearly half a century old and are grandfathered in. Some are retiring, legislation has made it more difficult to, but as is normal with a solution in legislation, they close one door bragging about it publicly, while secretly opening another to be exploited. The truth is they need these guys. When the fed needs help, do you think they call you and ask for you help? How about a market maker, think they call them? Nope. They are gonna call the biggest, baddest, deep pocketed people in their index file. When the you know what is hitting the fan, you want the guys with the biggest bats on your side not opposing you.

Again century...best wishes to you. I really do hope that you find some peace in the goings on in your life and that they are resolved as best they can be.

Take care

Edited by J P 2/3/2019 11:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)