AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Did you see him? I did
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

J P
Posted 2/1/2019 14:23 (#7290501 - in reply to #7290244)
Subject: RE: Did you see him? I did

thereaper - 2/1/2019 12:26

That’s one way to call me an idiot I guess. You didn’t even understand what a market maker was, and how they function and operate. But you know how a guy with AUM in excess of $1T routes, directs, and executes multi faceted trades? Also I asked you 4 or 5 legitimate sequence of trading structure questions on your whale that you failed to provide the answer too!! Answer the questions and enlighten me! If you can show me how he gets around these measures I will eat crow.

Until then I ll keep reading your posts for entertainment value they provide.

Reaper, with all due respect, in no way, shape or form did I suggest such a thing - nor would I even think it. I know you are very knowledgeable about your methodology which admittedly I vaguely understand. I am grateful for the information that you share about it, even if it's way outside of my understanding. But do I get all bent out of shape about it? No. In the recent days here, Boone took us to school on IRA's, annuities, and a bunch of loop holes that I had no clue at all existed. If I was gonna get all bent out of shape and start name calling because somebody knowing more than me, then heck...that thread oughta do it for about another decade. Conan took us to school on multi-family housing. Again...way outside of my understanding, and if there was ever a doubt I don't belong in that business, that doubt got confirmed in that thread. Again, did I get all miffed cuz Conan knew something I didn't? No. I am grateful for his sharing. The merchadisers here...Maize, Rob, Korn, Ray...Obviously experts in their field. It took me years to finally get an elementary understanding of what they talk about. Am I miffed and start name calling cuz they know more than me, and what they offer is outside of my self imposed box of beliefs?? No. I am grateful for what they share. The weedguys...Coup, Bug, weedman...Crazy knowledge and experts in their fields no question and I am grateful for what they share. That said, and as knowledgeable as all these people are, there are things they do not know because nobody knows everything about everything..or everything about anything for that matter. An example...my mentor has multiple PHD's, unimaginable wealth, and knowledge about the world of trading that if I lived another whole lifetime, I will never know. Yet, every once in awhile he leaves his area of expertise into the world of farming, and crop production. And even as knowledgeable as he is, he is clueless about how crop production works today. He beliefs might have been relevant 40 years ago, but today...no they aren't. Myself there is very little I am 100 pct sure about in my world. I have been so many times before, only 1 year, or 2 years later where the mind developed and was able to see something I could not before that now I know that most likely any thing I think is absolutely the end of the road of understanding on that subject, is most likely a self imposed barrier and there is probably another layer that I am not willing or able to understand. So nobody knows everything, we all lack information. And anybody that get's ticked off because somebody knows more than them should do a little introspection of ones beliefs and ego.

Take care

Edited by J P 2/1/2019 14:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)