AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soybeans, a change in the trend.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Conan the Farmer
Posted 1/30/2019 22:20 (#7286358 - in reply to #7286274)
Subject: RE: I can't believe it!!

South Central Iowa
Yeah, he needs some variation. Don't worry though, he will start a new thread tomorrow with some bearish soybean news. His eagerly awaited export sales should be released, so expect something, unless it's positive, then probably silence. He might go stalking horse though, hard to say his angle.

The thing that is negative in his OP is the mention of a ceiling, ample SA crop, and (once again) China exports. The inference that the reader is suppose to get is this is the high. Only down from here. Maybe it is or isn't, but the problem I have is that I know that he WANTS it to be the high. He desires the price go low for non-market based reasons. That's the difference. Also, the China thing is such old news we might as well be talking about the Argentina droughts again too.

That's good you're comfortable with your margins. That was the point of a thread I have below with future prices. This is an area people need to be profitable at because we could be here for quite sometime. I am also comfortable with my margins and I make money here. I make money a ways down from here. If I have a bias though, it's that I would like to make more. It doesn't cloud my vision the markets capable of though; we should be pretty willing sellers if the board can reach the $10's and tight-fisted if it pressures $8.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)