AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble Introduces Implement Steering
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

paconsult
Posted 11/1/2006 22:03 (#57247 - in reply to #53730)
Subject: RE: Two Subscriptions - Not an issue since RTK

I have found this GPS guidance on implements discussion extremely interesting. As a dealer of GPS gear in Australia its interesting that the first 2cm RTK system in the world, BEELINE's Rev C model, was used to also steer the implement as well as the tractor as early as 1996. I think there will remain a great deal of debate on whether any real on ground improvement of accuracy can be quantified and costed out to prove justification for the added expense of applying this to implements as well. Here is Australia it has been interesting to note that two brands of RTK GPS Guidance equipment, Autofarm and AgGuide, that rely solely on satellite correction information for tractor movement compensation have been quick to bring out this kind of additional "add on" product. If Trimble and BEELINE, the only products I am aware of that have true 6 axis Dynamic Movement Units fitted in their RTK systems to control and compensate for roll, tilt, and pitch, all of which can be directly influcenced by the drag of an implement, one has to wonder if it is not Autofarm trying to play catch up to the others.......................
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)