AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Neighbors.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Jeff@JR Production
Posted 1/30/2019 01:37 (#7283242 - in reply to #7276541)
Subject: RE: Neighbors.

SE MN, Brained Mn, Mt Sterling, WI
It's like a long term terminal cancer everyone wants to be there until they find out its tuff to be there and I would say this, be there even when it's not easy or fun! We have watched all the family; Johnny comes lately friends remove themselves as they don't understand why you can't go out, take vacations which are not close enough to a hospital which understands the issues. Be there when they call and just want to talk or cry as sometimes that's all is needed a shoulder to allow release.
I speak on and off to caregivers on a limited basis and the biggest example I've used is the chance I had at a Cancer conference in Houston TX (MD Anderson) my wife's cancer is very rare 178 and 70% of the patients are men so to have rare cancer, and its a women is beyond most peoples imagination, at any rate, I was asked to speak at the caregivers portion all women and lots of tears and so on! I got up and stated my name and proceeded to tell them I had been an alcoholic for twelve years, oh wait I'm in the wrong meeting, yes lots and lots of laughter and that what I started my talk about you have to laugh, as the tears will always be there. One day at a time one step at a time and allow God to guide you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)