AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Autopilot Motor Drive on Versatile tractor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Bamcustoms
Posted 2/3/2019 19:06 (#7294934 - in reply to #7273682)
Subject: RE: Autopilot Motor Drive on Versatile tractor?

Lakeville, MN
I had my 2375 out Friday to test my setup. Fm-750, NavII on V13.5 firmware, SAM200 current firmware. I have used the CNH small frame 4x4 APMD external vehicle profile as there is not a generic profile to use or a platform for any Versatile 4x4 in APMD. I feel its functionality is satisfactory but not perfect. My online stability is about 95% it holds the line but only within a 2 in range. It wants to walk and s turn. I feel it's due to not having accurate measurements of the tractor frame to work with. I have put request in to the Trimble representative via my dealer for a vehicle profile to be added for this frame but I don't really expect then to do it seeing Trimble is a joke for customer service.

I have now started on my full auto pilot install on our Versatile 340 and I will report back with a comprehensive review of the difference in functionality of each.

One noteworthy comment to compare the APMD to EzPilot the line acquisition of APMD is noticeably more precise then EzPilot. I am very pleased with the improvement in getting on the line quickly and smoothly. This is not something that ever met my expectations with EzPilot.

If you would like I can attach the vehicle calibration file from my tractor and the external vehicle file for APMD if you go this route.

APMD does require AP toolbox V4.01 to get access to the required calibration sequence not available via the FM-750.

Fire away with questions at will.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)