AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

rogator row shutoffs on 554
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/24/2019 15:29 (#7269454 - in reply to #7269252)
Subject: RE: rogator row shutoffs on 554

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
dkroll - 1/24/2019 13:27

Have a Rogator 554 that we really like. We got a new AgLeader 1200 and Ontrak 3 to steer it last year along with planter tractor. Now the next step is to have the booms spit off into sections to shut them off for overlap. We have row shutoffs on the planter. What parts and pieces do I need to make this work. Would be willing to change out boom valves etc to make it work better

Thank you for your help

If you have an Ag Leader system for row shut offs on the planter, you likely have a switch box and an Ag Leader Auxiliary Input module OR the equivalent which is the Ag Leader CAN switch box. The CAn switch box has the switches and the Auxiliary Input circuitry in the same box. These items would be in the tractor. You would also have a Clutch Control Module which is likely on the planter.

The InCommand display GPS and whatever switch box arrangement you have would be moved to the Rogator. You would need to purchase an Ag Leader Liquid Product Control module which is a black box that looks somewhat like the clutch control module on the planter. The Liquid Product control module can replace whatever type of control system is currently used on the sprayer. The Ag Leader would be able to control the rate and shut off the sections when areas that have already been sprayed are encountered. If the Rogator currently has electric valves on it, the Ag Leader liquid module can control them. If it has air valves, it is probably best to change them to electric ball valves. The liquid module has an input for the flow meter, it has outputs for rate control as well as the ability to work with 10 boom sections.

I have used such a system on row crop sprayers and also my planter for several years. It works very well and the coverage map can be extremely handy. There would be other ways to do this but this is the situation that I am familiar with. The InCommand can produce reports which include the important details of the spraying operation and should be legal for required documentation.

Concerning the switch box situation. if you have a separate switch box and auxiliary input module in the tractor, it may be possible to just move the auxiliary input module to the sprayer and use the OEM switches that you have been using in the sprayer. This can be a bit confusing to explain. Post back if you get into that situation.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)