AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fork chart question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

partimer
Posted 1/24/2019 11:12 (#7268966 - in reply to #7268637)
Subject: RE: Fork chart question

Northwest Iowa
Actually was thinking it should have been in by now. Getting impatient. In the early part of 2016, I thought that whoever ended up as president would be a 1 termer. Still could be that way but with the 5.5 year cycle low expected near the 2020 election, it would indicate some tough going in farm country. The sitting Pres would get the blame so the new person would take over in 2020. The 5.5 year cycle in corn has a time window of about 6 months either side of perfect. That is a big hole. So while it has importance, it is not tradable. More for long range farm planning. There is a part of me that nags-- could that long term low be in already? Pain and agony in farm country is evident which is tied to those major lows. We see that in the dairy and hog sector. Some in the leveraged operators as well. We really should have a price that goes above the 4.50 area by some distance. I'd like a 50% retracement on the monthly chart of the whole move from 2012-2014. What I want and get are 2 different things.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)